Saturday, August 23, 2008

The Love of God II

We have been discussing love. What does it look like towards its various recipients and God's love for us. God being supreme is also a supreme example. So great is His love for us that it says in Romans 5:8 "But God commendeth his own love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us." This verse has always intrigued me. What does God hate? SIN! What was I? A sinner. So from God's point of view I was unlovable yet He sent His son to DIE for me. Now that is hard for me to get my head around. Regardless of my ability to understand, it is true.

Thus far we have been looking at love from a recipients point of view. Now it is time to examine it from a givers side of the equation. What does my love for God look like? Is it enough to sing "O How I Love Jesus" on Sunday morning? What scriptures can you come up with to describe how we are to love God?

Smile, God loves you!

2 comments:

deboraw said...

Josiah, The first one I think of is what Jesus himself said in Matthew:

Mat 22:37 And he said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
Deboraw

deboraw said...
This comment has been removed by the author.